Fear of going to the dentist, or dental phobia, affects an estimated 13%-24% of people around the world. Many times this anxiety of dental visit begins because of traumatic dental experiences as a child. Glenview dentists Dr. Jason Rogers and Dr. Drew Gripentrog understand this common fear. At Gallery Park Dental we go above and beyond to make our patients feel comfortable from the minute they walk in our office.
Top 5 Reasons People Avoid Going to the Dentist
- Cost – An estimated 44% of people who avoid the dentist do so because of costs. At Gallery Park Dental we are in-network providers of most major insurances. For patients who do not have dental insurance, we offer a Wellness Plan that includes free exams, cleanings, and x-rays. Additionally, we offer 3rd party financing with Care Credit and in-office payment plans for those who qualify.
- Noise – Many people complain of the high squealing sound of the dental drill. Traditional dental drills are powered by compressed air that makes a loud, high pitched noise as it is pressured through the instrument. At Gallery Park Dental, we use electric powered dental drills. Electric drills are much more efficient than traditional dental drills, allowing the procedure to be completed much quicker. But even more importantly, electric drill are nearly silent. So no more of that loud, screeching noise that everyone hates!
- Dental Anxiety – At Gallery Park Dental, we provide the most comfortable environment possible for our patients with dental anxiety. From a stress-free waiting room with complimentary beverages to relaxing treatment rooms with comfortable chairs, flat screen TVs, and calm over-heard music, we do everything possible to make your visit care-free. For our more anxious patients, we can offer nitrous oxide (laughing gas) or anti-anxiety medications during appointments.
- Scary Dental Instruments – Each of our treatment rooms is designed with patient comfort in mind. All of our instruments are kept out of sight of the patients during the procedures. Also, each room is equipped with mounted flat screen TVs and large windows with beautiful views of the park.
- Hearing Bad News – Drs. Rogers and Gripentrog understand no one wants to hear they have cavities or other dental problems. At Gallery Park Dental, we used the most advanced diagnostic tools, such as digital x-rays and intra-oral cameras, to help carefully explain and show any dental issues we may see. If dental issues are seen, we work with the patient to come up with the most effective and conservative treatment possible.