When Should I Contact My Emergency Dentist in Glenview, IL?
Your tooth has been sensitive lately to cold temperatures, which is really discouraging since your favorite dessert is ice cream. However, since the discomfort goes away on its own fairly quickly, you're not sure if you should have your Glenview dentist take a look at it.
In some situations, it can be hard to know when to contact your dentist, while in others, such as having a tooth knocked out, it's apparent that you need to get to your dentist quickly.
At Gallery Park Dental, we tell our patients that a good rule of thumb is to contact our dental office whether you're sure it's a dental emergency or not. We're happy to assess your condition over the phone and help you decide if you need immediate treatment or not. We can often provide our patients with helpful tips on how to successfully handle non-emergency discomfort at home. So please never hesitate to call us.
Dental Emergencies We Help With
Here are some common dental emergencies in which you should contact your dentist right away.
- Broken or lost dental restorations - think crowns or fillings
- A knocked out tooth - the sooner you can get to your dentist, the better
- A chipped or broken tooth - contact us even if you have a small chip in your tooth since it can irritate your tongue and soft tissues
- Cracked or broken dentures or partials - we can restore your smile
- Dental pain or a toothache - this can be indicating an infection, don't wait to call us
Contact Your Team at Gallery Park Dental
If you suspect that you or a loved one is experiencing a dental emergency, please contact Gallery Park Dental right away at (847) 250-1130. Your emergency dentist in Glenview is well-equipped to help and our early morning, late evening, and Saturday appointments can accommodate any busy schedule.