Emergency Dentistry in Glenview IL
Are you looking for a dentist for emergency treatment?
There can be many different causes of dental pain. Some of these include, but are not limited to, extensive decay, cracked or fracture teeth, infected or "dying" nerves, lost fillings or crowns, infections or injury to the gums and/or teeth. Due to the complex and, often, multi-factorial nature of the discomfort we recommend being evaluated by a dental professional if you are experiencing a dental emergency.
Dr. Rogers and Dr. Gripentrog received extensive training in diagnosing and treating a wide array of dental emergencies during their residency at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center in Chicago, IL and throughout their careers. Both of our doctors, as well as our staff, are very knowledgeable and sympathetic when it comes to treating dental emergencies.
Are you having a dental emergency?
Are you experiencing any of the following:
- Tooth sensitivity, tooth pain or toothache
- Broken, chipped or fractured tooth
- Loose or shifting tooth
- Swelling, pressure or a "pimple" by your tooth
- Discoloration or sores in and around your mouth
- Broken or ill-fitting dentures or partial dentures
- Jaw pain
If you are experiencing any of the issues noted or are suffering from dental pain please give our office a call at (847)250-1130. We offer same-day appointments during our regular office hours and an after-hours emergency line which will send your message directly to our doctors who will be back in touch with you shortly.
What should I do if I am having pain?
Dental pain can be one of the most debilitating and frustrating types of pain and often severely impacts your daily routine. It is important to maintain regular examinations with your dentist to try and identify and treat problems before they cause you pain. However, some dental emergencies are simply unavoidable. If you are experiencing a dental emergency please follow the instructions below:
- Call our office (or another dental professional) as soon as possible.
- Take over-the-counter (OTC) pain medications as needed. *Please read all medication labels carefully and take as directed, making sure not to exceed the maximum allowable daily dosage. **Please review any contraindications or medical interactions with a healthcare professional if you have any questions.
- If swelling is present, please place an ice pack in the area for 20 minute intervals (20 minutes on, 20 minutes off).
- If you have lost a crown or temporary restoration, you can usually purchase temporary dental cement from your local pharmacy to cover the area until you can be seen.
At Gallery Park Dental, we have advanced technology including digital x-rays and intraoral cameras to help pinpoint the cause of your dental emergency and allow us to make the necessary treatment recommendations. We also offer convenient hours and flexible payment options to help you receive the care you need. If you are looking for an emergency dentist in the Glenview, IL area please call our office today.